Data Formatting Unit
- The DFU is a downhole sonde that allows the user gapless operation when used with an X Generation TAS.
- It is located in between the X-TAS and the digitizers.
- Compatible with all Geochain digitizer modules for gapless recording
- Sim variant available (SDFU)
The DFU contains memory that stores digitizer data whilst the TAS has stopped, enabling the data to be continuous without gaps. The system shares the same x-generation unique Active Cooling System for continuous operation at 385oF/195oC and seals for 25,000psi (1700 bar) pressure rating
Extra Fucntionality if also using x-digitizers (AS-272 or AS-251)
- Facilitates both discrete buffering and formatted recording doubling the number of tools available for a given sample rate.
|Length||DFU 9.75” (250 mm) From M-Rotating nut to Female end SDFU 33.7” (857mm)|
|Diameter||DFU 3” (76mm) SDFU 1 11/16” (43mm)|
|Weight||DFU 9.5 lb (4.3kg) SDFU 12.4 lb (5.7kg)|
|Temperature||385oF/195oC (Digital Only)|
|Pressure||DFU 25,000psi (1700 bar) SDFU 20,000psi (1400 bar)|
|Panels||GMP or GPP & GSP-1 (Digital)|
|DFU Compatible*||Yes – Firmware upgrade required to all previous 2015 TAS-2/STAS Units|
|Wireline||7 Conductor Heptacable|